April 10, 2013 § Leave a Comment
Recently, I attended a wedding at Orchard Hotel. The ballroom was huge and no pillars. It was spectacular and my friend got the dream wedding she wanted. Congrats babe! May the both of you continue to be bless!
April 2, 2013 § Leave a Comment
Don’t you agree? Current I am busy with my studies. I am sorry for not updating my blog on a timely basis but I’ll get to it ASAP, no more excuses!
December 16, 2012 § Leave a Comment
This is going to be a rather LONG post:
How many of you has been through it, over and over and OVER again. (*and I meant countless of times). It’s like you have make a plan or you aim to reach that goal by the year 20XX, or you want to get that Diploma/Degree cert by 3 years time or learn how to play guitar within a period of your own time frame. Whatever your aim or goal is, it never gets done because you need to choose what’s important to you. Right now, right this moment.
Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not judging anyone. I’m only sharing with my readers what I’m facing this throughout my life and that you are not alone. I have talk to people who are my seniors, my love ones, my close friends and even other bloggers talk about this. (*It’s really comforting to know that you’re not alone.)
So, here’s me wanting to be a nurse when I was a teenager. I thought to myself it would be of good knowledge and skills to learn/acquire, so I could take good care of my parents and my family, let alone the patients, in the near future. Thus, having studied and going for attachments in various of hospital in Singapore throughout 3 years during Poly days, I thought this is what I really wanted to do, this is the career that I would love to be in for the next 3-5 years.
Sadly, I was wrong. Indeed, I regreted continue my course but I still believe in this old saying:” What was started must be finish.”
I graduated with a Diploma in Health Sciences (Nursing), and starting working in a clinic since I know I couldn’t survive in a hospital environment. (*I hate to deal with DEATH and the negative environment that was surrounding me.) Though joining a clinic as staff nurse cum my doctor personal assistant, it didn’t help much either. I cried myself to sleep every night because of the stress and the pressure I was going through. I couldn’t confide much to my parents or other close friends of mine because they aren’t a nurse and they can’t understand what I was going through. God knows how I managed to pull through, I’ve stayed for 2 years and finally decided to quite.
Call me silly but after I quit I didn’t know what I should do, and that’s where the crossroads in life appeared before me:
1) Continue to futher into Degree.
2) Continue working but in a different field.
3) Continue working in the same feild.
4) Take a break? Think about what I want to do or what’s more important to me in life…etc
I had alot of things to take into consideration and that is also when I realised I’ve forgot what I REALLY want to do for myself. I’m always trying so hard to please the people around me/who I care and love the most and neglected my own needs and wants. I couldn’t afford to sit around and do nothing while I think about it, therefore I went on to work part-time job with event companies and finally ended up in an Adminstrative job.
Having more time to myself, I did tones of thinking and talking to my mentors. Slowly, but surely, I am starting to realise what I love to do:
1) I love fashion & style. Thus, this is how my blog came about. (*I’ve got to thank my close buddies for their encouragement too.) I may be an amerture on this topic but I’m not stopping. I love to be inspired by other bloggers and they never fail to do so. Fashion and style makes me a happier person entirely. (*Guess it’s must be the colours that adds into my life.)
2) I also love to help people. I guesss I have a weak spot for the poor and the needy people and whenever I help them I always feel the sense of satisfaction and happiness after that. I guess it also challenged me to become a better person, and count my blessings as well. (*During Poly year 2, I went to Cambodia for about 2-3 week to build water filters so that the villagers have clean water to drink.)
3) I love to D.I.Y! Whenever I come across a Youtube DIY video, something inside of me just itch and I just have to give it a try. So far, I’m into knitting and my next aim would be DIY a braclet.
Currently, I’m continuing my studies, getting a Degree in Counselling which is starting next year Jan. It has always been in my blood to LISTEN to others when they pour their hearts out. Allow me to humbly say that I’m not good at giving advise. However, I would love to learn and to know what to say at the right time at the right place.
Till then, take care and God bless!
June 5, 2012 § Leave a Comment
I have been busy as there has been a lot of personal issues happening, so I shan’t share it here as it’s too personal. Although it’s upsetting, I’ve try to be objective and allow myself to think and see out of the picture.
Although there’s a lot of upsetting things happening, I thank God for blessing me with friends who are always there for me. Encouraging me to be happy, be a better person and to be true to myself.
So allow me to share one of those happy moments, my friend’s graduation ceremony.
I’m so proud of her, finally completing her studies in Masters. I can’t wait to get mine soon.
May 18, 2012 § Leave a Comment
I am a breakfast person but when the weekends hits me, I’m too lazy to wake up early in the morning. Thus I end up having brunch. But, it’s just another meal that I like.
I was introduce to 40 hands by my friends and I’m in love with their layout and theme; makes me feel so old school. The food is nice and to be honest, when I’m hungry everything is delicious to me, thus I can’t judge.
But, do give this a try.