December 13, 2014 § Leave a comment
(1) Never give up when faced with failure.
(2) Fast and consistent will always beat the slow and steady.
(3) Work to your competencies.
(4) Compete against the situation and not against the rival.
(5) Pooling resources and working as a team will always beat individual performers.
(6) We cannot teach people, we can only help them discover it within themselves.
(7) Instead of giving myself the reason I can’t, I give myself the reasons why I can.
(8) When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which is open for us. (By Alexander Graham Bell)
(9) When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. (By Franklin D. Roosevelt)
(10) It doesn’t matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it’s important to realize that whatever you’re doing, it’s your first attempt at it. (By Wally Amos)
(11) When things go wrong as they sometimes will, when the road you’re trudging seems all up hill, when the funds are low and the debts are high. And you want to smile but you have to sigh, when care is pressing you down a bit, rest if you must, but don’t you quit. Life is queer with its twist and turns, as every one of us sometimes learns, and many failure turns about when he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow. You may succeed with another blow, success is failure turned inside out. The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, and you never can tell how close you are. It may be near when it seems so far. So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit. It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.
(12) Fall seven times, stand up eight. (By Japanese Proverb)
(13) Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them. (By Hugh Miller)
(14) One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better. (By Col. Harland Sanders)
(15) Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.
(16) A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
(17) If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. (By Mary Engelbreit)
(18) No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. (By Barbara de Angelis)
(19) In our work and in our living, we must recognize that difference is a reason for celebration and growth, rather than a reason for destruction. (By Audre Lorde)
(20) The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. (By Epictetus)
(21) This is your LIFE. Do what you LOVE, and do it OFTEN. If you don’t like something, CHANGE it. If you don’t like your job, QUIT. If you don’t have enough time, STOP watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. STOP over analyzing, LIFE IS SIMPLE. All emotions are BEAUTIFUL. When you eat, APPRECIATE every last bite. OPEN your mind, arms & heart to new things and people, we are UNITED in our differneces. ASK the next person you see what their PASSION is, and share your inspiring DREAM with them. Travel often; getting lost will HELP you find YOURSELF. Some OPPORTUNITIES only come once, SEIZE them. Life is about the people you meet, and the things you CREATE with them, so go out and start creating. Live your dream and share your passion. LIFE IS SHORT.
(22) The only way to do great work is to do what you love. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. By Steve Jobs
(23) Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.
(24) Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
(25) People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God; It was never between you and them anyway.
Do it anyway.
(26) Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen with defending, Speak without offending.
(27) I’ll see to my own affairs with cheerfulness, others people’s affairs don’t concern me. I needn’t get angry. (自己的事要开开心心的去做，别人的事跟我无关。不需要生气。)
(28) Who would I hire? A person with high qualification but is conceited, selfish and scheming. Or a person without qualification, but is diligent, positive and willing to learn?
People nowadays emphasize so much on what they have that they’ve lost their selfs. The emphasis shouldn’t be on what we have, but what we are.
So what if you have a car, an apartment and money? Are you a lovable person? There goes this saying:” What good does it do for people to win the whole world yet lose their lives?”
Your family loves you not for what you have, but for what you are.
(29) I may not understand what you’re going through. All I know is I have 2 ears to listen, 2 arms to hug and a heart that continues to care & love you.
I may not have the right words to comfort you, but you should know you are not walking alone.
30) May the sun brings you new energy by day.
May the moon softly restore you by night.
May the rain wash away your worries.
May the breeze blow you strength into your being.
May you walk gently to the world and know its beauty and the days of your life.
(31) The more educated you are the less prejudice you become. Knowledge changes behavior.
(32) If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy.
(33) Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. ~C.S. Lewis
(34) Whatever happened in the past is over. Do not dwell on past mistakes. There’s no point crying over spilt milk. Everybody makes mistakes. It’s what you learn from the mistakes, and promising yourself not to repeat those mistakes that matters. When you miss opportunities, don’t dwell on it, as there are always new opportunities on the horizon.
Being able to smile when being slightly misunderstood is good upbringing. When you’re wronged and you smile with calmness, it is generosity. When you’re being taken advantage of and you can smile, you’re being open-minded. When you are helpless and you can do a philosophical smile, you’re in a calm state. When you’re in distress and you can laugh out loud, you’re being generous. When you’re looked down and you can calmly smile, you’re being confident. When you’re being jilted in relationships and you can smile it off, you’re being suave.
(35) Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. By John F. Kennedy
(36) In the middle of the journey of our life I found myself within a dark woods where the straight way was lost.
(37) Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it.
(38) I also believe that when people are going through difficult situations in life… it causes them to search a lot more. They search life and search their soul. When you’re searching, you’re suddenly a lot more open to the world around you, to the possibilities, to things you never thought about before. — When you’re happy, you don’t question the world so much. When you’re lost, you question everything.
(39) Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart… live in the question.
(40) Your visions will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks insides, awakes.
(41) If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality is without.
(42) Each man had only one genuine vocation – to find the way to himself….His task was to discover his own destiny – not an arbitrary one – and to live it out wholly and resolutely within himself. Everything else was only a would-be existence, an attempt at evasion, a flight back to the ideals of the masses, conformity and fear of one’s own inwardness.
(43) We make such messes in this life, both accidentally and on purpose. But wiping the surface clean doesn’t really make anything any neater. It just masks what is below. It’s only when you really dig down deep, go underground, that you can see who you really are.
(44) The most introspective of souls are often those that have been hurt the most.
(45) I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.
(46) There’s a period of life when we swallow a knowledge of ourselves and it becomes either good or sour inside.
(47) This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
(48) Life is painful and messed up. It gets complicated at the worst of times, and sometimes you have no idea where to go or what to do. Lots of times people just let themselves get lost, dropping into a wide open, huge abyss. But that’s why we have to keep trying. We have to push through all that hurts us, work past all our memories that are haunting us. Sometimes the things that hurt us are the things that make us strongest. A life without experience, in my opinion, is no life at all. And that’s why I tell everyone that, even when it hurts, never stop yourself from living.
(49) You’re going to meet many people with domineering personalities: the loud, the obnoxious, those that noisily stake their claims in your territory and everywhere else they set foot on. You’re going to meet people who assume they know all about you when they are on the other side of the fence. This is the blueprint of a predator. Predators prey on gentleness, peace, calmness, sweetness and any positivity that they sniff out as weakness. Anything that is happy and at peace they mistake for weakness. Anything that is kind and good, they mistake for motive. They will not stop at bringing you down. It’s not your job to change nor explain to these people, but to know that calmness does not equate to weakness and peace in the heart is all that matters.
(50) If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind.
Been feeling under the weather and stress due to personal issues & work…
Nonetheless, I am sharing some of my favourite quotes that I read online. So this is for those who are facing troubles and worries in their life. I hope this would give you some kind of encouragement and strength to carry on in life.
Till the next post….
Take care and good luck!
December 7, 2014 § Leave a comment
Hello everyone! How are you doing? Finally, all my major-busy schedule for this year are over! I would be sharing about the Hen’s party and my childhood friend’s wedding in the next post. Hopefully I could share out some pointer which I think is useful for those who are given the “Maid of Honor” role.
Ok, so recently I was looking out a hair straightener for my fiancé aunt. Of course I had to recommend her the one which I had been using for years (2-3years). It’s company is none other than José Eber! I must really say I love the ceramic hair straightener and curling wand to the max! It’s one of the fastest, non-damaging tool I’ve use for my hair. Of course, it came with a hefty price. If I recall collectly, I bought both at about S$100-150 each. (Ouch!!!) Nonetheless, it is really a good purchase as it serve me well. :)
Ok, back to the topic…
So I was in Orchard; Wisma and I went to check out their pushcart. So currently, they are having a Chrsitmas/Year end sales. However, it only applies to ceramic plates. The sales assistant was very nice. He asked me what was I looking for etc, and went on to introduce me to the latest model:
Looks cool Eh? 😏
To be honest, he did a great job explaining into details the difference between ceramic plates and titanium infused plates:
(1) The ceramic plates takes about 1.5mins to get heated up, while titanium infused plates takes on 20 seconds!!! Yes, I did say seconds!
(2) The ceramic plates when straightening the hair tends to be a little rough when styling, while titanium infused plates are slightly smoother (in my opinion)…
So here’s how my hair looks like after the sales assistant style my hair within 60 seconds…
And here’s the back view…
I really love the look!! 😍👍 Damn! He is good at styling.
On the other hand, the sales assistant mention its price at S$160. (*Its new product after all..)
So, let’s not be hasty to jump right in to buy. I prefer to see if this really last as long as what it says, which is 1.5 days long.
To my disappointment, by the time I got home it has already lose half of the curls.
And it was only less than 3 hours… I don’t know was it because the sale assistant apply the hair tonic onto my hair after he style it. Therefore, the curls doesn’t hold. If I were using the ceramic plates to curl my hair, it can easily last me 1.5 days.
Having say that, I definitely would stick to my ceramic hair straightener for some time until it’s spoil.
Overall, I would give the titanium infused plates hair straightener a 5/10 as I have mixed feelings about this…
You be the judge, they have push-carts at the following venues:
(1) Wisma Atria, B1 , Opposite of The Face Shop
(2) City Hall, Level 2, Opposite of Mango
(3) Tampines Mall, Level 2, Opposite of Hush Puppies
For more updates and information, follow their Facebook Page.
November 23, 2014 § 2 Comments
Hello everyone! Finally, my worst nightmare is over! Time to celebrate and be merry! I can’t believe how time flies this year. A lot of reflection to do since too many events have happened.
Alright, time for me to share my review on 1028 Visual Therapy Double Wear Whitening CC-Dation. I have been taking lots of selfies to see the performance level of this product and to see if I have any outbreaks after wearing this for the past 2 weeks.
Let’s recap on 1028 Visual Therapy Double Wear Whitening CC-Dation function:
Quote “1028 Visual Therapy is designed for Asian skin type. With the aim of Therapy, the products are all infused with Skin Care Essence, ensuring that you look great and care for your precious skin. “
(The following pictures do not own by me. I am using the pictures from 1028 Visual Therapy website, credits to them.)
1028 Double Wear Whitening CCdation is a CC cream and it’s also a foundation with SPF30 PA++! It states that it has a lasting power up to 16 hours and provides skin whitening effects too!! In a hot and humid weather like Singapore, you can stay fresh and natural flawless with fair looking skin ALL DAY LONG!
Remember that 1028 Visual Therapy aims to infuse skin care essence with makeup products? So this product also “contains vitamin C and Chamomile ET which whitening the skin while diminishing the appearance of dark spots…” Another plus point, it has repair effects too! 😁
Let’s take a look at the demonstration of this product:
As shown, the first test shows that this product covers even the finest pore. You can see that this product is evenly distributed and covering all uneven surface of the lemon. Thus, giving you a proper coverage.
The second test show the stay on power and it stays on without forming any powder lines or cracks. Strong right?
The third test talks about the coverage and I must give a thumbs up to this. It really does what it say, covering any freckles and dark spots on your face. 👍
The final test show that after you apply, it simply brightens up your skin and stays on the the rest of the day. Two thumbs for this! 👍👍
To be honest, it’s a really stunning product.
Alright, my version of test. Be prepare for selfies bombing.
This is the first week of the application:
I only apply 4 days in a week as I’m a strong believer that the skin should rest and repair. Looks really good and I really love the coverage and the texture! ❤️
On the 2nd week, I started to notice that my skin is getting fairer by the day. I even got compliments from my friends and colleagues that my skin looks so smooth and fair. They even ask me what am I using! Hee hee
However, you really need to make sure that you remove this with a makeup remover. After all, it is still considered a foundation (*at least to me it is). I notice there were small little bumps forming on the side of my face and my chin area. Perhaps it’s due to stress and indigestion.
Another thing to take note is that I have combination of sensitive and oily skin. So I notice that by the end of the day my T-zones are shinny. It doesn’t really bother me as I did not felt any heavy feeling nor stickiness on my face.
I am also thankful that I didn’t have any allergic reaction to this product. So this is a plus point! (*sensitive skin type, you know what I mean.) 😉
So my previous post I gave a rating of 9/10.
After 2 weeks of using this product, I’ll rate it as 8.5/10.
The coverage is really good and I can’t stress enough on this. Plus, my face did see some effect on the whitening part. With 35g of product, trust me when I say this can easily last me for 1 whole year. Because all you need is just one small drop, then spread and blend nicely and evenly on the skin!
My only down sides are the small bumps and the oily surface at the end of this “experiment”. But you need to justify, what ever makeup product you use you will still have the same oily surface at the end of the day. After all, you’re covering your face rather than leaving it naturally.
On the other hand, I think it would be great if they could come out with more tone range, example warmer undertones and cooler undertones.
Of course, I foresee that I will be using this most of the time after experiencing its wonders. 😉
Thank you for reading!
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!
November 15, 2014 § Leave a comment
Good lovely weekend to all! Finally, I’m done with one paper and one more final exam to go! FIGHTING!!! 💪💪💪
Recently, I’ve received a product from 1028 Visual Therapy. To be honest, I haven’t heard about this brand only until recent, they were in Singapore since December 2013.
A little background information, quote “1028 Visual Therapy is designed for Asian skin type. With the aim of Therapy, the products are all infused with Skin Care Essence, ensuring that you look great and care for your precious skin. “
Sounds like a dream come true eh? I always love products that have multiple function/usage. Save money, time and energy (*and space on my dressing table… Hahaha!).
Did I mention, they were also being featured in 女人我最大! I was watching their show via YouTube to learn more about what are other of their products that I’ve missed and how good they are. The makeup artist/teachers even gives tips on applications! So knowledgeable and professional! 😄
Introducing 1028 Double Wear Whitening CC-Dation in CO-02 Nude-Beige. I believe this is something new and only just recently it was being released in Taiwan and it’s already selling like hot cakes. Thank you 1028 Visual Therapy for sharing the love. I feel so honored!
1028 Double Wear Whitening CCdation is a CC cream and it’s also a foundation (*with SPF30 PA++)!!! It states that it has a lasting power up to 16 hours and provides skin whitening effects too!! This means that I can stay fresh and natural flawless with fair looking skin ALL DAY LONG! Especially in hot and humid weather like Singapore, I need this kind of miracle product!!
Wait! There’s more!!!! This product also “contains vitamin C and Chamomile ET which whitening the skin while diminishing the appearance of dark spots…” Another plus point, it has repair effects too!
Ah!! This is so exciting. 😁
Let’s talk about their packaging, which is always the first thing that would capture my attention. What can I say; simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. I can’t stress this enough. Hahaha. But I appreciate packaging that’s easily visualize and quick for me to identify.
Note: You need to shake it to make sure that the essence and foundation are evenly mixed.
I like it that you could pour out the product instead of taking a sponge and dab onto the product (*God knows how long you haven’t wash the sponge and how many microorganism have grow on it. Eeekk!). I’m all about hygiene and this is a plus point.
Looking at its consistency it kind of reminds me of a Clarins tinted sunscreen I once used and it also gives a texture similar to a liquid foundation too. Cool!
It applies on easily and blends into my skin quite effortlessly, and I don’t feel any stickiness nor any dead skin rubbing off my face and there’s also a little hint of fragrance. Usually, after I apply this I let it settle down on my face for about 10-15mins… It gives off a dewy and natural finish which I totally love it!! 😍
Ta-da! Can’t tell that I’m wearing a foundation eh? To be honest, I am only wearing this and done up on my eyebrows. Plus, I really DO NOT feel any thickness (*you know how some foundation leaves your skin feeling clogged and suffocating). It’s actually super lightweight, like my skin can breathe! Awesome!! 😘
As of now, I’m giving this a 9/10! One mark less as I’m not sure how much Singapore is retailing this product but I believe you could get it at an affordable price. 😉
Here are the list of places that you can find 1028 Visual Therapy in Singapore:
Waston – NgeeAnn City, City Square, Bugis Junction, IMM, Tampines Mall, Ang Mo Kio Hub, Junction 8, North Point, Toa Payoh Hub, Novena Square, Tiong Bahru, Causeway Point.
Sasa – 100AM, Wisma Atria, Jurong Point, Parkway Parade, Bedok Mall, Lot 1, Causeway Point, Plaza Singapura, Tampines One, Vivo City, Westgate, Jcube, Junction 8, Novena Square, Great World City.
John Little – Marina Square, Jurong Point, Plaza Singapura.
Alright, let’s not get overly excited because I’m gonna put this to the test. After all, this post is only my first impression of it. I’m gonna apply this everyday (except the days I’m exercising and weekends) for 2 weeks to see how my skin turns out to be: Getting fairer with lighter dark spots or my face would have more clogged pores and pimples.
**Look out for my Review Post! So… Stay tuned!
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!
November 7, 2014 § Leave a comment
Hello everyone! How’s your week so far?
I am still busy with my revision and my first paper is only 5 days away. For a slow learner like me, takes a long time to prepare. Hahaha.
That aside, I bring exciting news for you accessories lovers! I’ve been busy collaborating with The Braided Tales on their new collection and it’s finally done!
*Drum rolls please*
Nice? My second time doing an outdoor shoot and this time with 2 professional photographers. *Stressed*
You might have guessed it, we were doing this shoot at Marina Bay Sands.
Here are some behind the scene footage. Hahaha. Yes, I had a lot of fun and laughter.
I’m trying to listen to what Sharon was saying…
Trying to tell myself “I can do this!”
Alrighty… So here are some of the gems and pearls that’s my personal favourite:
Don’t they look gorgeous? Classic beauty I must say. Hee hee. I’m definitely ordering some for myself! 😉
Oh! How could I not mention this lovely daisy pearl earrings! It’s a keeper in my jellwery box!
Last but not least, we feast away with good food and great companions.
And the 2 photographers still snapping away… True passion eh! :D
Thank you The Braided Tales for this opportunity and collaboration once more and making new friends! :))
November 1, 2014 § Leave a comment
Hello everyone! How have you been? My week has been busy with revision for the coming exams in mid November and other events as well. But, it’s gonna be something that I’m looking forward to. Hee hee.
Speaking of revision, I have been sleeping later than usual (only had about 5-6hours of sleep & disturbed sleep) and start to develop dark eye circles and eye bags and my skin just look so dull and lifeless.
Kelvin noticed that I’ve been feeling lethargic and looking tired, thus he got me this to try it out, let alone proper sleep/rest, diet intake and exercise.
FYI, this is a special packaging. It comes with both collagen drink and detox juice (*6 bottles of collagen diamond 5300 & 3 bottles of detox juices).
Hmmm… Ok, I see I’m in 3 categories:
(1) Constantly expose to UV rays
(2) Spending long hours in air conditioning environment
(3) Always stay up late
I guess my complexion is getting bad to worst now. No wonder Kelvin got this for me… Ahem!!
To be honest with you, this is my very first time drinking collagen. I don’t even know how it should taste or even smell like. Hahahah. Upon my first sip, it actually taste sweet then you will start to taste a hint of sourness which blends well. Thumbs up! :)
Come to think of it, the box did mention it uses natural ingredients. No additives, no chemicals, no preservatives, no artificial coloring favors too! 2 thumbs up for this! I would give this a 8/10 for this! :D
As for now, I can’t give my opinion on its effectiveness without a proper duration of intake. Maybe I would try this for a month of so to see if any results of improvement on my skin. Hee hee.
Thanks for reading!
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!
October 25, 2014 § Leave a comment
Finally I got a product to review my first impression. I have never seen this brand or heard about it before.
I was walking around in Guardian to look for an eye concealer which is compatible my current one. I chance upon Catrice and took notice of this:
This is basically a concealer. It states that (quote) ” a hydrating concealer with light-reflecting pigments. Diminishes shadows, fine lines and signs of fatigue.” Sounds really good eh! ;)
On top of that, I really must say this, their packaging is really classy and chic. Thumbs up for that. However, it’s too shiny and the words are almost silver in color I find it hard to read it.
A little background check, this product is made in Poland. I believe it’s a from Europe and they have many cosmetics ranging from eye to face and even nails! You can read more about on their website here!
So, I’m excited to open it up and try this concealer on.
The moment I un-cap it, I saw this silk smooth and soft brush. It is almost identical to the one I’m currently using. So happy! I know that all new products upon using, you need to tilt it upside down and turn the knob 10 times for the product to come out.
To be honest, I turn about 20-30 times before the product comes out. On the other hand, I was hoping the product would have the same consistency as my current one. But this one is towards a thicker and creamy type and when i apply it’s not smooth but kind of tacky. After it’s dried, it has a powdery finish to it.
Overall, given that the price was only SGD$7 for 1.5ml of product I would give this a 6/10.
What you pay is what you get and this would be a good coverup on pimples and dark spots because of its creamy and thick texture. However, I won’t recommend you to use it under your eyes and those with dry and super sensitive skin too.
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!