February 14, 2015 § Leave a comment
This year, my fiancé and I decided to do what we do best – chillaxing away. 😘😊😄
Anyway, we would be heading out to run some errands too and ending off with family reunion dinner!
Yup! In another 4 days time it will be Chinese New Year! Have you bought your new year clothing a yet? ☺️
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!
February 1, 2015 § 2 Comments
[Disclaimer: I am no nail guru, I just do what I think is best for my nails.]
Hello everyone! How have your weekend been? Time really flies and we are in the month of February!!! Which also means, Chinese New Year is just around the corner! Woohoo!!! Looking forward to the gatherings. :D
Alrighty… Recently, I’ve came back from Taiwan (*over the period of Christmas & New Year)… For those of you who knows me personally, I tend to do my own manicures at home via YouTube videos. One of my Favourite Youtuber is Cutie Polish (by Sandi) and I first fell in love with this tutorial on Cute Mustache Nail Art. It’s so cute that I try to create and watching it 4 times, but failed… Hahahaha. After which, I started exploring more design via her channel. Sandi really amazing and her tutorials are really easy to follow! 😉
Anyway…. So I did my very first gelish nail during the hen’s party last year… To be honest, I really really Really love how the nail artist did up my nails and I couldn’t be happier. The best past is that it lasted for 1 whole month! Wow!
Sadly, my itchy fingers when to peel off the reminding gel on my nails and I regretted doing that. Because it really hurt my nails very badly and I totally had to stop doing manicure for a month or so… I was looking at my poor nails, looking at the nail surfaces and beds, which I can clearly see that’s some small red lines and irregular surface too… Sigh.
So I decided to so a small quick fix after a month of resting my nails and when they are slightly stronger. This is because I want to make sure my nails are not raw and weak before giving them a good spa treatment…
Here’s what I need:
(1) Nail cutter
(2) Nail filer
(3) Hand cream
(4) Cuticles cutter
(5) Sally Hansen nail treatment polish
After giving some TLC….
My nails look so much better and cleaner.
Last but not least, I apply the nail polish to give some treatment and hopefully it will grow stronger too.
So this is my quick fix and it works for me but do take note that it may vary from people. :)
Alright, have an awesome Sunday and thank you for reading.
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!
January 18, 2015 § Leave a comment
Hi everyone! How’s your week so far?
Anyway…. Let me jump right into the topic which I’ve been so excited about! Finally!! I got my hands on this baby!!!
I’m sure many of you would have already know it’s functions so I’ll just show you my feet. Warning, it’s going to be a bit gross.
If you look carefully and closely, my feet has a lot of dry dead skin.
Alright, the packaging mainly consist of the filer (with free extra roller), the device and an instruction menu for first time users.
As the instruction menu states, quote “Use only on dry (not wet) skin.” which I can understand why. You need to advocate safety and the last thing you want to do is to hurt yourself in the process. So I did a little “practice” via my dry feet, only very little of dead skin particles came off… As I recall, the manicurist would always wash & soak your feet, making sure it is clean and dried before proceeding to file your feet.
So I did the same by simply washing my feet with soap and drying them with a towel. When I it is dry, I proceed to file using this device and vola ~~~
A lot of dead skin particles was removed (look closely to the right most side of the device)! I must say, I really have a lot of dead (*and thick) skin. Yucks!
How do you know when you’re done or you should stop? For me (at least), the moment I starts to feel soft and smooth feet. On the other hand, I make sure that I don’t over file my feet at the same place for more than 5 seconds. So you can imagine me going up and down, round in circle on my feet. (And with a little echo of me laughing inside the toilet… Yes, I have sensitive feet.)
Ok, since you’ve seen how “dirty” after you have file all those dead skin particles off your happy feet, you would need to clean the device and keep it properly.
So here’s what did:
You see this little blue button at the top, press this to eject the roller out.
Now you can run this under the tap water to wash away the dead skin.
And then dry it by using a cloth. What about the device?
I used a kitchen towel and wipe it clean. Alternatively, you can use a wet tissue to wipe it clean and then a dry tissue to make sure it’s dry before keeping it. Don’t wash it over the tap water or you would risk spoiling the device.
See! Good as new! Of course, remember to cap it with the plastic protector. 😊
Alright! The moment of truth… How does my feet looked like after using this?
Can’t tell the difference?
To be honest, I don’t see much of a difference myself but the feel really does felt smoother and soft. Personally, I would continue to try and file my feet every other day and see the result. Who knows, my feet might become softer and smoother like a baby. Hee hee
So I’ll give this a rating of 7.5/10 for saving my time and effort of having to manually file my feet and easy to clean/store the device!
What do you think?
Thank you for reading!
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!
January 4, 2015 § Leave a comment
[Warning! It’s going to be a super long winded post with minimum photos]
Hello everyone! How was your New Year celebration? I hope it was spectacular and wonderful for all!
Finally, I got down to write this post. I’m just sharing my experiences and my thoughts on being the maid of honor. Hopefully I can share with you some tips I picked up along the way.
To be honest, I am not the best person to learn from because I myself have to do some research or even to source for help (*come on, when you’re new to this you’re clueless on what to do etc..).
As I was searching for a to-do list that could help with sorting out items via timeframe. I personally find this website very useful for any bride who’s planning the big day in a years time: Wedding Tweets (*Credits to Wedding Tweets! Thank you for providing these useful information! 😊)
So I share this information with my BFF and she was so thrilled and really think that it’s useful even though she still needs to add in a little more details into the list.
Wondering why my BFF still needs to add in more details? Well, you need to take into consideration of the diverse culture we have here in Singapore. Example Teo chew, Hakka, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hainanese etc… And the list goes on. So this is the part where the bride and the groom would have to consider the auspicious timing and date for their wedding. 😊
Ok, I won’t be touching into details regarding religions or cultures.
Allow me to dive straight into my role as maid of honor after my BFF has finalize her important items/information for me to take note of.
So I was busy helping her with these:
(1) Brainstorm on program list for morning, afternoon and evening
(2) Brainstorm on wedding and reception theme
(3) Brainstorm on photoshoot venues
(4) Brainstorm on gate crushing games (*all bridesmaids would usually participate in this. Hee Hee)
(5) Discuss on morning outfit for Bridemaids and groomsmen
(6) Decide and distribution of roles and responsibilities to the Bridemaids
(7) Follow the bride to her appointments and give her insightful and supportive comments
(8) Plan the hen’s party
(9) Ensure the big day runs smoothly (which includes the important timings and items to bring to hotel etc.), to liaise with the best man to simplify and tie any loose ends.
Ok, I won’t touch into details in every point or else this post is going to be boring.
So I’ll skip point 1 – 5 as it’s quite straightforward.
Point number 6 is quite important to me because I need the help of every bridesmaids. I would ensure that all the bridemaids would already know their roles and responsibilities that they would need to take care of and to be in charge of (*For example: Gate crushing game In-charge, tea ceremony, reception area just to name a few) so I can focus on other important tasks such as time keeper, taking care of the bride (*make sure she is hydrated and feed, she don’t trip over her gown), the important items to bring to the hotel etc.
Point number 7 is something I could not commit to the bride. I’m juggling with other weddings as bridesmaid, other family events, studies/exams and work. Ok, I know what you might say:” these are just excuses”. However, I am thankful that my bride was kind and understanding to me. But if you were to ask me, I would strongly recommend the maid of honor to go to all the appointments with the bride. She needs support, both physical and emotional. By going with her, you are also helping her to see things objectively and not to stray out of topic. Also, you’re giving her encouragement too. After all, 2 brains are better than one. 😉
Point number 8 is where you would do it either a surprise or decide together with the bride and the rest of the bridesmaids. Keeping in mind this is about the bride (*ensure the bride is relax, recharge and happy) and for everyone to enjoy and be merry. So what I did was I came out with ideas and ask the bridesmaids to input other ideas (*if they have) and finally to vote.
Therefore our final voting was staycation and we all agree on The Sultan Hotel’s Loft Suites. To be honest, I’m wow by the room and their services.
Very cosy and warm right?
On the other hand, we also decided on doing some girly pampering session—> Manicure and pedicure service.
Nice eh? We did our nails at The Nail Artelier at Haji Lane. They do have bridal shower packages, and do book them in advance for their services. 😉
Point number 9, this is where all the magic happens. This is also where I felt the most stressful of all. To ensure the program runs smoothly you would need your list of details to help you keep track of what would be happening and the things you need to take note of:
– Breakfast are ordered for all bridesmaids, I believe food in the morning is very important. After all, we need energy to play the games, right?
– Prepare the ingredients and game items for gate crushing
– Ensure all corsages are distributed to the immediate family members and bridesmaids
– Ensure the makeup artist and photographers reach on time
– Liaise with the best man for morning prayer ceremony
– Time keeper for every program such as gate crushing games, what time to step in and out of the house, check-in to hotel, setting up for evening programs…. Etc
– Items to take note of such as Bride’s personal bag, Bride’s gowns, shoes and accessories are packed into the groom’s car, reception and decoration bag are packed into the groom’s/groomsmen car
The person that the maid of honor (in my point of view) is the best man. So everyone has to work as a team, and it would be fun and efficient. 👍 I want to take this chance to thank all the bridemaids and groomsmen for all of their help and their understanding. Without them, I don’t think it could have ended off smoothly. And to the best man, thanks for calming me down and offering me help all day long! Kudos to all of you! 👏👏👏
On the other hand, maid of honor would be require to follow the bride wherever she goes and to take care of her. So, do make sure you have a lip gloss, a packet of tissue (both dry and wet), plaster and the bride’s hand phone with you. Also, making sure she don’t trip over her gown and her gown don’t get dirty. Of course, I want to make sure my bride is hydrated and have her food. She needs energy for the rest of the day.
Alright, that’s all I have for you. I hope this would be useful if not helpful to those who are being the maid of honor. Last but not least, enjoy the experience and relax! Everything will be alright! 😊
Thank you for reading!
Till the next post…
Take care and good luck!
January 1, 2015 § Leave a comment
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and may this new year brings more happiness and joy! More interesting and fun adventures to be remembered and most importantly may everyone be bless with good health and in safety. #remember2014
Looking back, 2014 has been interesting and surprising. Words can’t describe what I want to say but it has truly push me to my limits in both work and personal level. Perhaps I have not done enough, but I know I’ve given my best.
Looking forward, I shall only compare myself with…. …. MYSELF! Because I’m my biggest enemy and my biggest challenge.
My new year resolutions you may ask? It’s quite simple now… (*If you know me personal, I would usually write down one huge list of it and only achieve like 1/4 of them… 😒)
So this year, it’s only 5:
(1) Go back to my old exercise routine. Stay healthy and keep fit.
(2) Never make an ASS out of U and ME. ASSUME is the wrong way of communicating with anyone. Yes, even your love ones.
(3) Spend wisely. I believe there is no need for me to explain this… Girls just love clothes and accessories (necklaces/bags/shoes). I’m guilty of buying things that I already own. Oops.
(4) Get back into reading, and I do mean my casual readings. I miss those time that I sat down in a cafe and just read my favorite novel and drink my favorite tea. Relax is the key.
(5) Make time to spend with the people I enjoy with, with my love ones and keep smiling be happy. You never know if tomorrow ever comes.
Thank you for reading.
Till the next post….
Take care and good luck!
December 13, 2014 § Leave a comment
(1) Never give up when faced with failure.
(2) Fast and consistent will always beat the slow and steady.
(3) Work to your competencies.
(4) Compete against the situation and not against the rival.
(5) Pooling resources and working as a team will always beat individual performers.
(6) We cannot teach people, we can only help them discover it within themselves.
(7) Instead of giving myself the reason I can’t, I give myself the reasons why I can.
(8) When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which is open for us. (By Alexander Graham Bell)
(9) When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. (By Franklin D. Roosevelt)
(10) It doesn’t matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it’s important to realize that whatever you’re doing, it’s your first attempt at it. (By Wally Amos)
(11) When things go wrong as they sometimes will, when the road you’re trudging seems all up hill, when the funds are low and the debts are high. And you want to smile but you have to sigh, when care is pressing you down a bit, rest if you must, but don’t you quit. Life is queer with its twist and turns, as every one of us sometimes learns, and many failure turns about when he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow. You may succeed with another blow, success is failure turned inside out. The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, and you never can tell how close you are. It may be near when it seems so far. So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit. It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.
(12) Fall seven times, stand up eight. (By Japanese Proverb)
(13) Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them. (By Hugh Miller)
(14) One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better. (By Col. Harland Sanders)
(15) Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.
(16) A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
(17) If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. (By Mary Engelbreit)
(18) No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. (By Barbara de Angelis)
(19) In our work and in our living, we must recognize that difference is a reason for celebration and growth, rather than a reason for destruction. (By Audre Lorde)
(20) The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. (By Epictetus)
(21) This is your LIFE. Do what you LOVE, and do it OFTEN. If you don’t like something, CHANGE it. If you don’t like your job, QUIT. If you don’t have enough time, STOP watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. STOP over analyzing, LIFE IS SIMPLE. All emotions are BEAUTIFUL. When you eat, APPRECIATE every last bite. OPEN your mind, arms & heart to new things and people, we are UNITED in our differneces. ASK the next person you see what their PASSION is, and share your inspiring DREAM with them. Travel often; getting lost will HELP you find YOURSELF. Some OPPORTUNITIES only come once, SEIZE them. Life is about the people you meet, and the things you CREATE with them, so go out and start creating. Live your dream and share your passion. LIFE IS SHORT.
(22) The only way to do great work is to do what you love. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. By Steve Jobs
(23) Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.
(24) Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
(25) People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God; It was never between you and them anyway.
Do it anyway.
(26) Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen with defending, Speak without offending.
(27) I’ll see to my own affairs with cheerfulness, others people’s affairs don’t concern me. I needn’t get angry. (自己的事要开开心心的去做，别人的事跟我无关。不需要生气。)
(28) Who would I hire? A person with high qualification but is conceited, selfish and scheming. Or a person without qualification, but is diligent, positive and willing to learn?
People nowadays emphasize so much on what they have that they’ve lost their selfs. The emphasis shouldn’t be on what we have, but what we are.
So what if you have a car, an apartment and money? Are you a lovable person? There goes this saying:” What good does it do for people to win the whole world yet lose their lives?”
Your family loves you not for what you have, but for what you are.
(29) I may not understand what you’re going through. All I know is I have 2 ears to listen, 2 arms to hug and a heart that continues to care & love you.
I may not have the right words to comfort you, but you should know you are not walking alone.
30) May the sun brings you new energy by day.
May the moon softly restore you by night.
May the rain wash away your worries.
May the breeze blow you strength into your being.
May you walk gently to the world and know its beauty and the days of your life.
(31) The more educated you are the less prejudice you become. Knowledge changes behavior.
(32) If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy.
(33) Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. ~C.S. Lewis
(34) Whatever happened in the past is over. Do not dwell on past mistakes. There’s no point crying over spilt milk. Everybody makes mistakes. It’s what you learn from the mistakes, and promising yourself not to repeat those mistakes that matters. When you miss opportunities, don’t dwell on it, as there are always new opportunities on the horizon.
Being able to smile when being slightly misunderstood is good upbringing. When you’re wronged and you smile with calmness, it is generosity. When you’re being taken advantage of and you can smile, you’re being open-minded. When you are helpless and you can do a philosophical smile, you’re in a calm state. When you’re in distress and you can laugh out loud, you’re being generous. When you’re looked down and you can calmly smile, you’re being confident. When you’re being jilted in relationships and you can smile it off, you’re being suave.
(35) Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. By John F. Kennedy
(36) In the middle of the journey of our life I found myself within a dark woods where the straight way was lost.
(37) Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it.
(38) I also believe that when people are going through difficult situations in life… it causes them to search a lot more. They search life and search their soul. When you’re searching, you’re suddenly a lot more open to the world around you, to the possibilities, to things you never thought about before. — When you’re happy, you don’t question the world so much. When you’re lost, you question everything.
(39) Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart… live in the question.
(40) Your visions will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks insides, awakes.
(41) If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality is without.
(42) Each man had only one genuine vocation – to find the way to himself….His task was to discover his own destiny – not an arbitrary one – and to live it out wholly and resolutely within himself. Everything else was only a would-be existence, an attempt at evasion, a flight back to the ideals of the masses, conformity and fear of one’s own inwardness.
(43) We make such messes in this life, both accidentally and on purpose. But wiping the surface clean doesn’t really make anything any neater. It just masks what is below. It’s only when you really dig down deep, go underground, that you can see who you really are.
(44) The most introspective of souls are often those that have been hurt the most.
(45) I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.
(46) There’s a period of life when we swallow a knowledge of ourselves and it becomes either good or sour inside.
(47) This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
(48) Life is painful and messed up. It gets complicated at the worst of times, and sometimes you have no idea where to go or what to do. Lots of times people just let themselves get lost, dropping into a wide open, huge abyss. But that’s why we have to keep trying. We have to push through all that hurts us, work past all our memories that are haunting us. Sometimes the things that hurt us are the things that make us strongest. A life without experience, in my opinion, is no life at all. And that’s why I tell everyone that, even when it hurts, never stop yourself from living.
(49) You’re going to meet many people with domineering personalities: the loud, the obnoxious, those that noisily stake their claims in your territory and everywhere else they set foot on. You’re going to meet people who assume they know all about you when they are on the other side of the fence. This is the blueprint of a predator. Predators prey on gentleness, peace, calmness, sweetness and any positivity that they sniff out as weakness. Anything that is happy and at peace they mistake for weakness. Anything that is kind and good, they mistake for motive. They will not stop at bringing you down. It’s not your job to change nor explain to these people, but to know that calmness does not equate to weakness and peace in the heart is all that matters.
(50) If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind.
Been feeling under the weather and stress due to personal issues & work…
Nonetheless, I am sharing some of my favourite quotes that I read online. So this is for those who are facing troubles and worries in their life. I hope this would give you some kind of encouragement and strength to carry on in life.
Till the next post….
Take care and good luck!
December 7, 2014 § Leave a comment
Hello everyone! How are you doing? Finally, all my major-busy schedule for this year are over! I would be sharing about the Hen’s party and my childhood friend’s wedding in the next post. Hopefully I could share out some pointer which I think is useful for those who are given the “Maid of Honor” role.
Ok, so recently I was looking out a hair straightener for my fiancé aunt. Of course I had to recommend her the one which I had been using for years (2-3years). It’s company is none other than José Eber! I must really say I love the ceramic hair straightener and curling wand to the max! It’s one of the fastest, non-damaging tool I’ve use for my hair. Of course, it came with a hefty price. If I recall collectly, I bought both at about S$100-150 each. (Ouch!!!) Nonetheless, it is really a good purchase as it serve me well. :)
Ok, back to the topic…
So I was in Orchard; Wisma and I went to check out their pushcart. So currently, they are having a Chrsitmas/Year end sales. However, it only applies to ceramic plates. The sales assistant was very nice. He asked me what was I looking for etc, and went on to introduce me to the latest model:
Looks cool Eh? 😏
To be honest, he did a great job explaining into details the difference between ceramic plates and titanium infused plates:
(1) The ceramic plates takes about 1.5mins to get heated up, while titanium infused plates takes on 20 seconds!!! Yes, I did say seconds!
(2) The ceramic plates when straightening the hair tends to be a little rough when styling, while titanium infused plates are slightly smoother (in my opinion)…
So here’s how my hair looks like after the sales assistant style my hair within 60 seconds…
And here’s the back view…
I really love the look!! 😍👍 Damn! He is good at styling.
On the other hand, the sales assistant mention its price at S$160. (*Its new product after all..)
So, let’s not be hasty to jump right in to buy. I prefer to see if this really last as long as what it says, which is 1.5 days long.
To my disappointment, by the time I got home it has already lose half of the curls.
And it was only less than 3 hours… I don’t know was it because the sale assistant apply the hair tonic onto my hair after he style it. Therefore, the curls doesn’t hold. If I were using the ceramic plates to curl my hair, it can easily last me 1.5 days.
Having say that, I definitely would stick to my ceramic hair straightener for some time until it’s spoil.
Overall, I would give the titanium infused plates hair straightener a 5/10 as I have mixed feelings about this…
You be the judge, they have push-carts at the following venues:
(1) Wisma Atria, B1 , Opposite of The Face Shop
(2) City Hall, Level 2, Opposite of Mango
(3) Tampines Mall, Level 2, Opposite of Hush Puppies
For more updates and information, follow their Facebook Page.